Five on Friday
- We have been talking about getting a new TV for our bedroom since we moved here 9 months ago. Our room is big, and since our TV is the size of a computer monitor (or smaller), we can’t see it from our bed. We finally bit the bullet and got a new one, and I’m so happy. We also headed to Sam’s Club to buy a bunch of food so that I could stock our freezer full of meals for the weeknights. It was my first time, and it’s something I’m going to do on a regular basis – I had a lot of fun making everything, and it’s so nice to not have to worry about putting a lot of work into meals on weeknights.
- I found these socks in the middle of summer at Target, and I absolutely love them! I’ve been waiting a few months for it to cool down enough for me to wear them, and since fall weather is upon us, I made it happen!
- Speaking of fall weather, we are planning on heading to the mountains again next weekend to see the leaves. I’m so excited that I can hardly stand it! I’m hoping that we’re able to hop on the train this time, but we’ve tossed around the idea of white water rafting again. I’m not sure what we’ll have time for, and I know it’s a busy time of year (everybody wants to see the leaves!) But speaking of the mountains, I just realized how far behind I am on updating this blog with our newest travel adventures….So stay tuned!
- The state fair in Iowa is a very important event – almost everyone goes to the fair at least once during the 10 days, if not more. North Carolina’s state fair is this weekend, and we are going to go to Raleigh to check it out. This will be my first state fair outside of Iowa, so I’m interested to see what it will bring. I already checked out the food (that’s the whole purpose of the fair, right?) and found they will have deep fried bacon wrapped tootsie rolls. WHAT? It has to be comparable to Iowa with something like that.
- Travel plans: I don’t like sitting still too long and unfortunately, my travel addiction is only getting worse (which I’m sure you’ve picked up on since 3 of my 5 things are related to travel….). Luckily, Southwest had a sale on flights this week to apologize for all of the delays they experienced last week. I usually don’t check out their sales much because the flights that are on sale tend to be destinations that you could easily drive to, but I decided to check it out this time and I’m so excited to announce we’ll be heading to Nashville for our anniversary in December! We were able to “pay” for these tickets with our points and didn’t even have to dip into Mitchell’s $200 voucher. It will be a quick 3-day trip, but it’s a free 3-day trip!
On a related note, have you all heard the travel hack to search for flights in an incognito window? There is evidence suggesting that if you do this, you will find cheaper flights because using a regular browser, the websites will track your cookies and increase the prices when you return at a later date. I always thought that this was kind of a rumor despite many claiming otherwise; I search for flights consistently and haven’t seen the fluctuation in prices that so many people talk about. Anyways, I had done research on Southwest’s website earlier this week to determine which destination we would choose for our anniversary (Ft. Lauderdale and Baltimore were the same sale price) and when I went to book our tickets yesterday, the ticket that I’d been planning to book had increased! I thought maybe I was just mistaken, and that I’d confused the prices, so I opened an incognito window just to be sure. Low and behold, on my incognito tab, the ticket was back to its original sale price!
Please follow and like us: